52 Films by Women- Week 42

So this week I am finally getting into my Halloween programming. Yes it took ages but I've been busy damn it!!
So this weeks spooky film directed by women is...
XX
Directed by Jovanka Vukovic, Annie Clark, Roxanne Benjamin, Karyn Kusama
2017
This was a surprise. First I am not an anthology film fan but I did enjoy this. 
Also I feel like I have to rank them so in order of the one I loved most to the one I didn't it goes
1. The Birthday Party - Clark
This was a delight. Melanie Fucking Lynsky is amazing in it!
2. The Box- Vukovic
This was so wierd and brilliant it reminded me alot of Antiviral.
3. Don't Fall-Benjamin
Creature Feature but really really fun and creepy. enjoyed it.
4. Her Only Living Son- Kusama
I could not stand this. It was by far the weakest. I expect more from Kusama.
Anyway seek this one out it's uneven but good



Comments

Popular Posts