52 Films by Women- Week 39

Firstly realised I had a numbering issue and has made a mistake all posts have been re-named to the correct number. We are on week 39 not on Week 40. I only realised this through letterboxd. It seems like I miss-numbered  Swallows and Amazons. Now everything is where it should be and that is all fixed.

Anyway on with the show. Todays film is another documentary (I know) co-directed by a man (I know) but unlike Indie Game this one is a Netflix Original. 
It is...

Audrie and Daisy
Dir: Bonni Cohen & Jon Shenk
2016
Audrie and Daisy isn't the easiest watch, It's also very hard to write about. It's full of hard truths about the way people treat school and college aged sexual assault survivors. Watching the situation unfold after the hardships the girl endured and watching law enforcement do little to nothing I felt heartbroken. But I think it needs to be watched so people understand the true extent of the situation. 



Comments

Popular Posts