August IS OVER


This month has had it all. The Olympics, the overturning of Brendan Dassey's conviction, the end of Gawker and the announcement of an incredibly ill advised Lost Boys reboot which I am wholeheartedly against. But in the midst of all of that here is August's roundup of everything you might have missed.




BEST MOVIE
SWALLOWS AND AMAZONS
Soooo goood LINK TO MY REVIEW HERE


PRETTIEST THING
So I was reading this Vanity Fair article (HERE)  about Smith and Cult beauty and I fell in love. It's all so gorgeous and kinda weird. Anywho this nail varnish is called Gay Ponies Dancing in the Snow so obviously it's a must!


THANKFUL THOUGHT  OMFG LOOK
THIS HAPPENED!!! 
AND THIS
AND THIS

 COREY FELDMAN AND PHILLIPPA LOWETHORPE AND SARAH MILLICAN RETWEETED ME AND TWEETED AND RETWEETED ME RESPECTIVELY.THIS IS NOT A DRILL

BONUS PRETTY
I may not be a huge fashion person but I am majorly obsessed this look from Christopher John Rogers first collection. Like an 80's couture space barbie.

Things to Watch and See

the pick of the month is in bold as usual so don't miss it
  1. Pajiba looks at the role of the demogorgan in Stranger Things HERE
  2. W investigates the history of the spoiled rich kid HERE
  3. Racked looks at the Disney store that sells dreams HERE
  4. Goop interviews the prosecutor protecting children HERE
  5. The Establishment defends Courtney Stodden's public Grief  HERE
  6. Broadly meets the gay Britney super fan that is living the dream HERE
  7. Lucky Peach pokes around the beach for seaweed HERE
  8. Standard Issue really really cannot stand Ironing and neither can I HERE
  9. The AVclub looks at the tragedy in slow motion that was this reality show HERE
  10. Elle looks at the selfie that united North and South Korean gymnasts HERE
EXTRA EXTRA! because I feel like people should read this now that Brendan Dassey's conviction has been Overturned. it's a really good article looking at false youth imprisonment from Rolling Stone  READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE

BONUS
I love a good podcast. I love badass women. So what happens when a badass woman does a podcast? I go beserk for it! Anywho that is whats happened with U.S.A female democratic nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton's new podcast With Her. It's great.


LISTEN

I am obsessed with this new track from Carly Rae Jepsen and Danny L Harle. She is a perfect fit for PC Music and I hope they collaborate again. Because this song is the best fizzy pop I have heard in years.

BLOGGER OF THE MONTH
The lovely Lauren brings us on a food adventure with recipes and food reviews at ELLE BLOGGS. You'll love it.


So thats me folks!! see you all back for September


Comments

Popular Posts