OSCARS= 5 and 9 correct!! HELL YES

So for those of you wondering why it says 5 and 9 this simply means I guessed 5 as winners and the other 9 are my second choices. So I guessed a total of 14 right but the 9 were second choices. So you know all I take is the oscars like my sloppy seconds!!! Anyway lets have a little breakdown shall we!

under the cut because this is big as hell

Firstly congratulations to Birdman and Grand Budapest Hotel for winning the same amount of awards (4) which is perfect because I love them both equally!  Especially a big well to Alejandro G. Inarritu.

IMPORTANT- this is not the full list of winners they are available here. My predictions are still available over here

BEST PICTURE-CALLED IT KINDA
Birdman (my runner up)
I'm actually really pleased both this and Grand Budapest were more than worthy but Wes has won before so I am so pleased. Congratulations!!

BEST DIRECTOR-CALLED IT KINDA
Alejandro G. Inarritu (my runner up)

This years Big Director list was a big one, filled with innovators and geniuses. Alejandro more than fits the bill especially with the gorgeousness of Birdman and the way it looks like one continuos shot. It was absolutely breathtaking. MORE THAN DESERVING (and i'm glad it didn't get into Linklaters grabby hands)

BEST ACTOR-CALLED IT
Eddie Redmayne for Theory of Everything
Adam told me I should put my money on Eddie and I was more than glad to except. He is a true talent and I am incredibly glad he won such a prestigious award.

BEST ACTRESS-CALLED IT KINDA
Julianne Moore for Still Alice
I kinda still think it should have been Rosamund but well done Julianne!!

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR-CALLED IT KINDA
JK Simmons for Whiplash
Whilst Norton was certainly snubbed JK continues to be the ticket. This just makes me wanna go and watch Whiplash even more.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS-CALLED IT
Patricia Arquette for Boyhood
Whilst I wasn't completely sure with this one I still named her as my first choice. Well done Patricia who brings home an award for the throughly dragged through the mud Boyhood. 

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY-CALLED IT
The Imitation Game
Whilst I am glad The Imitation Game pulled home something I'm also kinda not. Especially after seeing the incredible Inherent Vice which more than deserved the award for it's incredible adaptation of Pynchon's novel.

BEST SCREENPLAY-CALLED IT KINDA
Birdman
This honestly deserved it for Emma Stones part alone. The whole thing is a scathing satire of so many things. I'm glad it won.

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE-CALLED IT KINDA
Big Hero 6 (my runner up)
Still sad Lego Movie was snubbed and so was Book of Life. This category was a mess. Oh well Big Hero 6 brought it home for Marvel and Disney.

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY-CALLED IT
Birdman
This film was stunning. ENOUGH SAID

BEST COSTUME- WHAT A SUPRISE
The Grand Budapest Hotel (my pick Maleficent runner up- Into the woods)
Honestly with the glut of fantasy film this year I though TGBH didn't have a chance. Well done guys!!!!!!!!! my tiny little quirky babies

BEST FILM EDITING- CALLED IT KINDA
Whiplash (my runner up)
I dunno why I picked this. but I did.

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE- CALLED IT KINDA
Ida (my Runner up)
It was either nuns or cool as heck skeletons and they went for nuns. Shoulda bloody known

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN- CALLED IT
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Well just look at this pretty thing

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE-CALLED IT
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Finally a win for the talented Desplat! well done

BEST SONG- CALLED IT KINDA
Glory from Selma
Scoring Selma's only win Glory was the song they picked. Whilst I love Everything is Awesome I'm glad Selma got something.

So there we go! what do you guys think



















Comments

Popular Posts