TOP 5 Tim Burton Movies

To celebrate the release of Tim Burton's newest film Big Eyes, instead of going to see it because well i don't have the time right now I thought lets come up with a list of my top 5.

1. Big Fish
There aren't many films that make me cry, and by that  i don't mean bring a tear to my eye I mean fully sob uncontrollably. Snotty nose and the lot. This is one of them. Starring the lovely Ewan Mc Gregor, Jessica Lange and Matthew McGory, It tells the story of a man whose father is dying as he starts to unravel the tall tales his dad told him as a child. It's a beautiful film, well told and absolutely heartbreaking. If you haven't watched it, don't delay it's that worth it.

2. Ed Wood
For some reason this Biopic has been mostly forgotten, it shouldn't be. Telling the story of worlds worst filmmaker Ed Wood and shot entirely in black and white. The film puts a very interesting spin on was he a bad director (seriously watch plan 9 from outer space, it's fantastic trash) or did people simply not understand his vision. Either way it's a splendid film nice to know for Big Eyes Burton's going back to something he is very good at.

3.  Sleepy Hollow
I have to admit this is a fantastic movie. Johnny Depp gets to do stuff that isn't just creepy playful mysticism, Christina Ricci is gorgeous and Christopher Walken has sharp teeth. Yeah this film is great.

4. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
I love a musical, I really do. I love the Tim Burton aesthetic too (when it's not hammed up to the nth degree) mix them together you get this gorgeous thing. An all singing all dancing murder cannibal spree and head turning performances. Yeah, this is how musicals should be.

5. Alice in Wonderland
So this one may upset people but for me it's one of the finest films Burton has ever made. It's visually stunning has enough quirk to make it good without going into the somewhat confused self indulgent area that Dark Shadows was. I loved this when it came out and I still do. Also seriously gorgeous girl armour is the best type of armour.



HONOURABLE MENTIONS:
Nightmare before Christmas
Edward Scissorhands I love these both but they are so publicised that I thought these ones needed a re-airing. I love them equally too and I tool this to top 10 Mars Attacks and Batman would have to be included and I pride myself on self-control.


So there we go, what do you think of my top 5? any ones you wish were on the list? let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts